Saturday, May 5, 2007

Jrevolution LA



As I'm sure you all know, there is a massive 2 day Jrock festival ('Jrock Revolution') in LA at the end of May, which I am required by powerful forces to be at. This is seriously the event I've been waiting for, for years. MANY YEARS! So anyway here's the lineup:



Alice Nine
D'espairsRay
Duel Jewel
Gilgamesh
Kagrra
Merri
Miyavi
MUCC
Vidoll

(I've already seen Alice Nine [opening for Kagrra at the Shibuya AX], D'espairsRay and MUCC live shows, but I am looking foward to seeing these bands play together :D)

And I'm pretty sure there is going to be some interesting exciting unscheduled craziness (perhaps an announcement about X-Japan reforming) I know Yoshiki is planning on doing SOMETHING crazy, maybe like X-2 or something.. He's been talking about Gackt, Sugizo and Toshi a lot.

On the subject of X-Japan, I know that Heath and Pata would probably be down for some new project, and recently I read Toshi's blog about how he started talking to Yoshiki again and they are interested in working together. HOWEVER I do not forsee hide returning to X-Japan for obvious reasons, and just because hide isn't gonna be part of it, it will be impossible to successfully reform X in any way.

I also have to add that I really dont like Miyavi or Alice Nine, but I enjoy all of the other bands to some degree, especially MUCC, D'espairsRay, Gilgamesh and Merri. But going all the way to LA for a show is kinda silly, but this is a first I can't afford to miss (under pain of death x_x;)


P.S.
I have a special review blog planned for the comming days, so stay tuned~!

No comments: